Starting a new practice takes a significant amount of time to plan, organize and implement.The fact is, specialists are skilled at what they were trained to do: surgery. There aren’t many who have experience with starting a dental practice. One would not trust a new dental student to perform complex surgery on a family member. Similarly, one should not attempt to undertake a new business without thorough advice in accounting, finance & law.
At OMS Partners, we are the link for dentists who aspire to begin their own practice. We know the ins-and-outs of what it takes to launch a business successfully, from the location of the practice itself to the marketing strategies, entity establishment, employee training and more. Our professional experts will coordinate every aspect of the project with the highest level of detail to ensure the practice is positioned to have a successful beginning.
Services To Effectively Start A Dental Practice
Dentists don’t have to be alone when starting a dental practice. Our comprehensive services include:
- Basic Business Planning. Dentists don’t need a business degree to start their ownpractice. Our business planning services include helping dentists establish a legal entity, researching the most optimal locations to set up the practice, acquiring financing, bookkeeping, credentialing, preparing a five-year financial pro forma and more. While these services may seem basic, they are very time consuming and require expertise to do correctly. Our experts can take a concept and turn it into a reality.
- Facility Coordination. Once a location is chosen for the new practice, we will work with architects to design the office space. We will work with the business owner to understand their specific desires and make our own expert suggestions to ensure maximum workflow efficiency. The latest technology is incorporated with every practice we plan so that businesses can operate smoothly, and the best possible experience can be provided to patients.
- Communication With Contractors. We work with contractors, so the business owner doesn’t have to. The communication process is streamlined, so all a business owner has to do is talk to us, and we will relay the information to contractors. From the management of the construction itself, funding, installation of equipment and more, we are in constant contact with contractors to ensure timing requirements and all expectations are met.
- Installation Of Equipment, Furniture and More. One of the most exciting parts of starting a dental practice is getting to select new furniture, equipment, and services. However, some dentists don’t see this as being exciting at all. In either situation, our experts will coordinate all the furnishings needed for patients and staff, including any specialized equipment and services. Everything needed for smooth day-to-day business operations is taken into consideration.
- Recruiting. A major component of successfully starting a dental practice is having the right personnel in place. With our recruiting services, we can help attract the top talent in the area to get the practice started the right way. We will be involved as little as or as much as the business owner would like us to be when it comes to recruiting staff.
I knew that I was ready to see patients when I finished my training. I didn’t know how to run the practice..I was immediately struck by the complexities involved in managing a busy oral surgery practice.
- Human Resource Services. Employees want to have the best possible health insurance and other benefits, and we can help secure them. One thing many dentists starting a dental practice find out is how difficult it is to put together an attractive benefits package while staying within a budget. We will keep the budget in mind as we put together the best human resource services.
- Extensive Training. We won’t stop helping once the business has been established. Our extensive training program ensures all employees understand the equipment and services so there won’t be a bumpy start.
- Marketing. Every great business has an effective marketing strategy. While the OMS market is slowly changing to a “direct to consumer” approach, for the time being it is still overwhelmingly referral based. We help you to implement a referral marketing program to get your and your practice name recognized in the community. We will also advise and work with qualified third parties in regards to SEO, SEM, and other related online topics.
- Mentoring. We are always available to provide mentoring services from other professionals in our network. Starting a dental practice is going to come with bumps in the road, but new business owners can feel confident knowing a mentor is always by their side.
Work With Us Today
If you’ve been thinking about starting a dental practice and don’t know where to begin, give OMS Partners a call at (713) 961-2723. We are eager to help you build a successful, profitable practice and a place that patients will feel comfortable.